Hello birth-month! March is finally here and we get to spend the whole month celebrating me! If only. But my birthday is in just a few weeks on St. Patrick’s day and my sister is getting home from college that day so I have a lot to look forward to.
The time has come to check out what I accomplished in the month of February and see if I met any of my goals…
- Keep a food/health diary: fail. This didn’t happen at all except for a couple days where I logged in to My Fitness Pal to log a soup I had just created.
- Do yoga every day: Another fail. This is actually pretty depressing because I wanted to do this a lot but I think I accomplished 3/28 days. Ouch.
- Run 3 days a week: Another nope. I was totally wiped of all energy at the beginning of the month that I had a hard time doing anything and all I wanted to do was sleep. It got to the point where I was like, I need to get out and do what I can do even if it’s not much. Just getting out the door is going to get the streak rolling. So I walked. A week of walking turned into a week of workouts which turned into an even better week of workouts. I feel like I’m going into March with positive momentum and I’m looking forward to seeing my board for March fill up.
- Be in bed with everything put away before 11: I actually did this for the most part! There were a lot of nights where I even went to bed much earlier than this. I definitely have more energy and my body actually does pretty well if I want to get up at 7.
One of the biggest things I’m using for motivation right now is our upcoming May Disney/Florida trip. I’m really excited for this vacation and I want to look/feel great while we’re gone as well. I’d love to be below my honeymoon weight before our trip so I’m keeping my eye on the prize.
March is going to be a fairly busy month for us because we’re doing 2 weekend trips, my birthday shenanigans, and my sister will be home for a week! It’s pretty crazy how quick all of this has come up on us but there’s a lot of exciting things to look forward to.
To start off my March goals, I’d like to get a few home projects done this month:
- Hang pictures in living room and office.
- Finish organizing/unpacking in master bedroom and get it decorated and comfy feeling.
- Completely organize desk/office space so it’s fully functional.
Health and Fitness Goals:
- Eat vegetable centered meals for lunches and dinners. Instead of saying “eat more veggies” I’m trying to go back to focusing on the good stuff. Making veggies the star of the meal is a win-win-win-win for me. When I eat more of them, I feel more full, I don’t feel like I’m trying to starve myself, they taste pretty good and they’re full of all the healthy goodness.
- Start weight training. This will be an interesting challenge for me because I’ve never really done anything like it and it’ll be pushing me outside of my comfort zone for sure. I’d like to do this twice a week but I think it will be a good start to get it done at least once a week.
- We missed out on getting to go backpacking last fall ironically because of my back. This is something we’d both really like to do this spring/summer so even though are weekends are full this month, I want to get to strengthening my back and core so that when we do get to go, I can handle the trip without dying! I’m going to do
- Posture awareness. This may actually be the most important goal I have for this month. I was either blessed or cursed to have a fairly large bust and unfortunately for me, that has brought on a hefty amount of back pain for me over the years. The front weight pulls me forward thereby killing my shoulders and placing a lot of strain on my lower back. I’m going to try and do my PT exercises to help strengthen my shoulders and try to be more aware of when I’m slouching or spending too much time placing my weight on one leg while I’m standing.
- I broadly want to state that I’m going to try and keep track of my steps and water intake for this month. I’ve been doing well on drinking mostly water instead of other drinks but I still think I need to be drinking more overall. I’d really like to try and be getting my 10,000 daily steps in at least 5 days a week. I’m obviously in favor of 7, but if I can get 5/7 each week this month, I’m going to be pretty happy.
- Run: I’m not going set any bar for this other than to get out and run. It’s still my goal to run the Chicago half in September and I’d like to be in good shape before I start an actual training plan.
So those are my goals for this month! What are yours? Let’s help keep each other accountable!
What are your goals for March? Anything in particular you’re looking forward to this month?
What do you do to make sure you’re drinking enough and taking enough steps everyday?
What’s your favorite holiday? Do you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
I’m linking with Amanda from Running With Spoons for this post.